The Illawarra Regional Advisory Council (RAC) acts as an advisory committee to the NSW Business Chamber Council and the Executive Director of the Illawarra Business Chamber.
The RAC provides advice on issues affecting or likely to affect the economic development of the region. RAC members represent the economic diversity, small and large business, as well as the geographic spread of the Illawarra, and come from a variety of private, not for profit and public sector backgrounds
The Illawarra Regional Advisory Council RAC drives policy and promotes development for the region.
The Illawarra region covers the local government areas of Wollongong, Shellharbour, Kiama, Shoalhaven and Wingecarribbee.
- Amy Harper* (President), Partner, Kells
- Andrew Gillott, General Manager – Business Solutions, Telstra Enterprise
- Brendan Goddard*, Delegate, Shoalhaven Business Chamber
- Damien Israel, Chief Financial Officer, University of Wollongong
- Daniel Rowan*, Managing Director, Internetrix
- Dr Melinda Williams*, Chief Executive Officer, Peoplecare
- Graham Betts, Director Architect, Edmiston Jones
- Janine Cullen OAM*, Director, JC The Power of One
- Kara Lamond, Chief Operating Officer, Illawarra Health and Medical Research Institute
- Karen Burdett, Chief Executive Officer, The Cram Foundation
- Kim Capp, Chief Executive Officer, South Coast Private
- Marie Beikmanis, President, Kiama and District Business Chamber
- Mark Grimson*, Economic Development Manager, Wollongong City Council
- Mark Sewell*, Chief Executive Officer, Warrigal
- Matthew George, General Manager, Jamberoo Action Park
- Peter Engelen*, General Manager Planning and Infrastructure, NSW Ports
- Steven Horton* (Deputy President), Chair, Southern Highlands Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Tim Jones, Managing Director, Commercial Sales, MMJ Real Estate