The Illawarra Business Chamber (IBC) is pleased to announce the election of its newly elected Regional Advisory Council (RAC), including a new President and Deputy President, which has seen significant renewal in the governance of the region’s peak business advocacy body.
The RAC will advise the IBC on membership issues, inform policy positions, and deliberate on matters affecting the Illawarra’s economic development, as well as facilitating a line of communication between members, the IBC and NSW Business Chamber’s State Council and Board.
“The IBC is a membership-based organisation, which draws heavily on the advice and perspectives of its business leaders. Our new Councillors are a particularly strong cohort, representing all parts of the business community and across each of the local government areas that comprise our region,” [i] said Adam Zarth, Executive Director of the Illawarra Business Chamber.
Amy Harper, who is a Wollongong-based lawyer and Partner of Kells, has been elected President.
“As President, I look forward harnessing the views and perspectives of a diverse group of business leaders to contribute to the work of the IBC, and in turn, the initiatives and policy positions of the chamber,” said Amy Harper, President of the Illawarra Regional Advisory Council.
“I’d like to congratulate Amy, who is a highly regarded member of the business community, as well the legal fraternity. She has made a valuable contribution to the IBC as a Director, from 2012 to 2015, and as Deputy President of the RAC since 2015, in addition to representing the Illawarra on the NSW Business Chamber’s State Council,” said Mr Zarth.
Illawarra Regional Advisory Council (RAC)
- Amy Harper* (President), Partner, Kells
- Steven Horton* (Deputy President), Chair, Southern Highlands Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Peter Engelen*, General Manager Planning and Infrastructure, NSW Ports
- Mark Grimson*, Economic Development Manager, Wollongong City Council
- Damien Israel, Chief Financial Officer, University of Wollongong
- Mark Sewell*, Chief Executive Officer, Warrigal
- Dr Melinda Williams*, Chief Executive Officer, Peoplecare
- Graham Betts, Director Architect, Edmiston Jones
- Karen Burdett, Chief Executive Officer, The Cram Foundation
- Kim Capp, Chief Executive Officer, South Coast Private
- Janine Cullen OAM*, Director, JC The Power of One
- Matthew George, General Manager, Jamberoo Action Park
- Andrew Gillott, General Manager – Business Solutions, Telstra Enterprise
- Tim Jones, Managing Director, Commercial Sales, MMJ Real Estate
- Kara Lamond, Chief Operating Officer, Illawarra Health and Medical Research Institute
- Daniel Rowan*, Managing Director, Internetrix
- Marie Beikmanis, President, Kiama and District Business Chamber
- Brendan Goddard*, Delegate, Shoalhaven Business Chamber.
James Newton – 0417 135 858
[i] The Illawarra Business Chamber draws its membership from businesses across the Wollongong, Kiama, Wingecarribee, Shoalhaven and Shellharbour local government areas (LGAs), and supports 15 affiliated Local Chambers of Commerce.