The Northern Rivers has a number of marginal seats in the upcoming State Government election on Saturday 23 March, so your vote really does count.
Local Chambers of Commerce are hosting ‘Meet the Candidates’ events across the region, with all businesses invited to attend.
This is a great opportunity to talk about the issues that impact on Keeping NSW Number 1 and Keeping the Northern Rivers Competitive.
The following ‘Meet the Candidates’ events are being hosted by Local Chambers of Commerce:
- Ballina Chamber of Commerce – 20 February, 7am at Ballina RSL Club (Ballina electorate)
- Lismore Chamber of Commerce – 6 March, 5.30pm at Lismore City Hall (Lismore electorate)
- Grafton Chamber of Commerce – 6 March, 5.30pm at Grafton District Service Club (Clarence electorate)
- Tweed Heads Chamber of Commerce - 12 March, 6.45am at the Tweed Heads Bowls Club (Tweed electorate)
- Murwillumbah & District Chamber of Commerce – 13 March, 6.30pm at Murwillumbah Services Club (Lismore electorate)
- Byron Chamber of Commerce – 14 March, 4pm at Beach Hotel (Ballina electorate)
- Kingscliff Chamber of Commerce – 19 March, 6.45am at Kingscliff Bowls Club (Tweed electorate)
All sides of government know NSW Business Chamber, and its Local Chamber alliance partners, are working hard to improve the quality of life for all Australians, by supporting a strong and prosperous business community. That’s the best way to create jobs and grow our economy.
The Meet the Candidates events are a great opportunity to hear policy positions and for you to ask the questions that can inform your decision making on 23 March.
NSW Business Chamber has released the Keeping NSW Number 1 campaign with 5 key pillars:
- Skilling NSW for the future and tackling youth unemployment
- Cutting energy costs for NSW businesses and residents
- Improving the delivery of major infrastructure
- Protecting NSW from natural disasters
- Regional Pillar: Keeping the Northern Rivers Competitive
We are actively championing the current plan to raise the Payroll Tax Threshold and encourage your support behind this to Keep NSW Number 1: www.jobstax.com.au
If you have any questions about the above issues or would like to discuss the events listed please contact me on 0419 250 220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
Yours in business
Jane Laverty, Regional Manager Northern Rivers