Thanks for your ongoing membership and support of the NSW Business Chamber, whether it be by direct membership, or through our local Chamber Alliance program.
On reflection, there has definitely been a different feel as we came into the new year due to the bushfires, ongoing drought and general business conditions.
The NSW Business Chamber is here to assist members and advocate on your behalf in State and Federal Government corridors. If your business needs assistance, please don’t hesitate to call me and we will do our best to assist.
As we start 2020, it is a good time to look at your staffing levels and what you will need going forward.
At Apprenticeship Support Australia, our industry training consultants are available to assist you choose qualifications for your employees that will suit your business needs, as well as advice on how to access government funding for training and even how to complete the paperwork.
Investing in training through an apprenticeship or traineeship program can deliver real benefits, including:
- bringing in new skills into the business to increase your competitiveness
- preventing future skills shortages and safeguard your organisation
- access to government funding, incentives, and rebates if eligible
- training for staff to suit the unique needs of your business
- driving a culture of success
If you need assistance, please contact our local Western NSW Apprenticeship Support Australia Consultants:
- Adam Willner (Dubbo and Orana region) – 02 6800 1802
- Craig Leet (Bathurst, Lithgow, Mudgee, Oberon) – 0407 477 663
- Haylie Howarth (Orange, Cowra, Forbes, Parkes, Condobolin, Young) – 0417 280 887
- Narelle Symonds (Broken Hill & Far West region) – 08 8087 5615
Package Assisting Small Exporters
The Australian Government is inviting applications to apply to deliver activities under the Package Assisting Small Exporters program.
In 2013, the government established the Package Assisting Small Exporters to improve market access for small exporters in the dairy, fish, eggs, grain, plant, horticulture, meat and animal product industries.
In 2019, the government announced a further $6.1 million over four years to extend the program to continue to support small exporters to overcome barriers to market access. $5 million is available for distribution over the period 2019-20 to 2022-23.
If you are a small exporter, this is worth checking out. Click here for further information.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact Katie or myself if you need any assistance on 02 63112203 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Vicki Seccombe – Regional Manager Western NSW, NSW Business Chamber