Do you know what to include on a payslip? Tick the boxes on our checklist to ensure you’re not exposed to a potential workplace breach and a hefty fine.
Did you know there are specific requirements you need to include in your payslips? Correct record keeping and payslips are key things the Fair Work Ombudsman inspects during a business audit, and you are at risk of a large penalty if not done correctly.
According to the ombudsman’s most recent NSW audit campaigns report, 48% of all audited businesses were non-compliant with all requirements. This resulted in over $430,000 of pay recovered for 629 employees.
12 items you must include:
1. Employer’s name
2. Employer’s ABN
3. Employee’s name
4. PAYG withholding amount
5. Any loadings, allowances, penalty rates or other paid entitlements
6. Employees on hourly rates: the ordinary rate, the number of hours worked and the total amount of pay at that rate
7. Date of payment
8. Pay period
9. Gross and net amounts paid
10. Deductions details (if any)
11. Superannuation contributions – including the amount and to which superannuation fund
12. Employees on salary – the rate as of the last day in the pay period.
Download our checklist now
and see if your payslips meet the requirements. It’s important to get this right as an employer. Keep your employees happy and stay compliant to avoid hefty penalties.