In November we will be holding our Workplace Update seminar in Port Macquarie. This is the time to hear the latest updates and insights from our award winning Australian Business Lawyers & Advisors.
This is a great opportunity to catch up with other members and get your legal questions answered. Topics to be covered include:
- award coverage – what’s changed and are you paying under the right award?
- payslips – underpayments and payroll errors
- basic regulations – Fair Work Ombudsman Information Statement
- contracts of employment
- policies and procedures – including why you need them
- update on personal leave and other legislation developments.
Date: Tuesday 19 November 2019
Time: 8.30am to 10.30am, registration commences 8.15am
Location: River room, The Westport Club – 25 Buller Street, Port Macquarie
Please click here to register for the event.
Fair Work Ombudsman Information Statement
Recently, the Fair Work Ombudsman updated their “Fair Work Information Statement”.
You are required to provide a copy of this statement to all new employees. I would suggest that when you give these out you record when and who you gave them to so if asked you can prove you have provided them.
You can find the statement here.
If you need advice about this or any other workplace relations issues you have access as a member to the Workplace Advise line on 13 29 59. Please call them to get clarification.
Grants and funding opportunities
We’ve taken the time for you to source selected grants to help your business prosper. These include:
- Small Business $30,000 instant asset write off – ATO
- New Employee $2,000 grant – Revenue NSW
- Wage subsidies ($10,000 or $6,500) for select new employees – Australian Government
- Payroll tax rebate for apprentices and trainees. Plus get funding between $750 and $4,000 when eligible – Apprenticeship Support Australia
- Meet a highly skilled facilitator to review your business’ research needs. Receive up to $50,000 in matched funding – Innovations Connections
- Coles has launched $50 million to help small business innovation, grow and development of new market-leading products, technologies and processes – Coles Nurture Fund
- Bookkeeping and accounting getting you down? H&R Block are offering $5,000 in cash and $5,000 in services – Grants for Growth
- Financial incentivise to reduce energy consumption including lighting, heating, hot water – Energy Savings Scheme NSW
- Undertake a cyber-security health check, be reimbursed up to $2,100 – Small Business Cyber Security Program
- Expert guidance and grants to help commercialise novel products, process and services – Accelerating Commercialisation.
If you would like to talk to me about any of the above or any other matter please call 0427 767 246 or email Kellon.Beard@nswbc.com.au
Kellon Beard – Regional Manager Mid North Coast, NSW Business Chamber